Real Estate NZ Consumer Advice
LJ Hooker Ltd and its franchises are all licensed under the Real Estate Agents Act 2008 and therefore our agents, branch managers and salespersons are bound by the Real Estate Agents Act (Professional Conduct and Client Care) Rules 2012 required by section 14 of the Real Estate Agents Act. The rules should be read in conjunction with the Act and regulations.
As required under the rules, LJHooker has an in-house Complaints and Disputes Resolution Procedure (See Below) .
Please note: you may access the Real Estate Authority’s complaints process without first using LJ Hooker in-house procedures; and any use of our in-house procedures does not preclude you from making a complaint to the Authority.
Information for Residential Property Sellers/Potential Sellers
If you are considering listing a residential property you should ensure you have been given a copy of the New Zealand Residential Agency Agreements Guide prepared by the Real Estate Agents Authority. (Please note: you will need to acknowledge (in writing) receipt of the guide before you sign a LJ Hookers agency agreement.)
Information for Residential Property Sellers/Buyers
If you are considering either selling or buying a residential property you should ensure you have been given a copy of the New Zealand Residential Property Sale and Purchase Agreements Guide prepared by the Real Estate Agents Authority. (Please note: You will need to acknowledge (in writing) that you have received the guide before you sign a Harcourts sale and purchase agreement.)
LJ Hooker Complaints and Disputes Resolution Procedure
LJ Hooker is committed to handling any complaints or disputes that do arise professionally, fairly and expeditiously.
Our standard in-house procedure is outlined below:
1. Any client or customer who wishes to make a complaint will be referred to the manager of the relevant office.
2. If the complainant is not satisfied with the response received from the manager they can make a written complaint to LJ Hooker Ltd (the franchisor).
3. LJ Hooker Ltd will acknowledge receipt of the complaint and commence a review, which if deemed necessary may involve discussion with all relevant parties.
4. LJ Hooker Ltd will respond to the complainant upon completion of its review of the complaint.
5. If the complainant is dissatisfied with the outcome LJ Hooker will suggest a further course of action.
Please note: Customers or clients may access the Real Estate Agents Authority's complaints process without first using our in-house procedure; and any use of LJ Hookers in-house procedure does not preclude a customer or client from making a complaint to the Authority.
LJ Hooker Customer Service please phone 0800 447 060